Sunday, January 27, 2008

Almost Done

My new fangled mud room.
I want a super cool tiffany type light fixture for in here.





Keep in mind that this is a work in progress. The current plan is to paint the hutch and kitchen table black. I still have a great deal of work to do. I need to finish painting the trim on the glass cabinet doors and re hang them. It is taking me forever. I also should have picked a different color for the appliances. The original plan was to paint the cabinets white, but when I did that they looked awful. If I had known I would have purchased black appliances. Oh, well. We also need spring to come so that money tree in the yard will start bearing fruit ( ha ha) so we can replace the counters and floors. I am thinking it will break up the YELLOW if I run the counter material up the back of the wall to the bottom of the cabinets. I have also considered painting that area the green from the mud room or continuing the red. After I accomplish most of this I am going to repaint the white trim through out the house a not so glaring white.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I'm so glad to see the pictures! It is looking good! I love the green in the mud room and I bet the hutch and table will really look great black! Good job!