Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

Happy mother's day to all of the mothers out there. I, myself, have had a whirl wind weekend of mother's day fun.

The weekend started off on Friday night with a wonderful promotion ceremony for my youngest son. He is moving from the 3 year old room to the 4 year old room. I got all teary eyed when I saw the cute little 5 year olds in their cap and gowns graduating to kindergarden. That will be us next year and I just can't stand the thought. We both won awards this year. My boy won the best backwards clothes model award since he always loves to wear his pants backwards. He just can't understand why anyone would want their pockets in the back. I won the best mom award for letting him wear his clothes any way he wants as long as he is dressed for the season at hand.

Then ( after a big breakfast on Saturday morning) I was presented with lots of jewelery, both the kind kids make and the kind husbands buy. I was also treated to an actual movie theater movie ( a first for at least 3 years). There was even popcorn and candy a plenty to go around. I just love Speed Racer and so do my boys. Then we loaded up the truck with enough mulch to almost finish off my garden. I was also the recipient of a cake decorated in my honor at dinner time.

Who knows what today holds, I am sure my boys have big plans. All I know is I am the luckiest woman in the world and I am sure it will be a wonderful day.

2 comments:

Tara said...

Lucky you! Sounds like you had quite a day. :) Happy Mother's Day!

Sherry said...

Happy Mother's Day to you! You are a wonderful mother. I'm glad you had such a great day!