Friday, July 31, 2009

Chaos Rules

Do you know how as you go through life you learn things about yourself, things you would never have guessed?

Well, I came to the realization today that I love chaos. How else could you explain my actions and my life for that matter.

First let me say my husband is having surgery in a week and a half, my kids are in the middle of getting ready for school to start, the garden is producing,
I am personally remodeling a basement ( and teaching myself new skills in order to do it), we are in the middle of a coyote invasion, not to mention the fact that I still have a house full of men to run on a daily basis, and a million animals I am personally responsible for. Now this house I am running is not done in the normal fashion for say someone living in 2009. No, I can't do that. I have taken us back a few years and I do things the old fashioned way. So when I say a house to run I mean laundry to hang dry on the line, dinner to cook from scratch ( now where did that hatchet go ?), etc. Any how, back to the enlightened moment. Today as I added a new dog to the batch and threw in a extra kid I began to question myself. Why would I purposefully go and get a dog ( my husband and I have been considering it) and then turn around and tell my 10 year old " sure your friend can spend the night what is another monkey in the barrel".

The answer is I must love the crazy topsy turvy life. Who knew ?

1 comment:

Tara said...

I am CLEARLY the same way. I think you have to be to do what we do! I had to draw the line (for myself) at five dogs, though. And I don't have any kids, but I'm doing all the same stuff (running the household, the garden, the barn, etc.) with dogs and cat, four goats, two rabbits, six ducks and about 80 chickens in various stages of development. And I don't miss my city life at all because I was BORED there.