Monday, December 8, 2008

The Queen Of No Fun

This year I have had a heck of a time getting into the Christmas spirit. I don't know if it is the lack of snow ( usually it comes by Thanksgiving at the latest), doing a good deal of my shopping on the internet, or the decrease in everyones budget but I have been having a hard time getting in the mood. Today ,I believe ,it is all turning around. The family and I all headed out to the store to try to get some shopping done and to try to grab a few supplies before a big storm hit. We did not make it. Right in the middle of our errand running the storm hit and then the fun started. We ran through the grocery store to lay in a few things and rushed home, all the while listening to Christmas music ( which I have not been able to find until today because someone around here " borrowed" it) and enjoying the snow.

What a difference snow makes.

We stopped at the post office and all the internet orders had come. We had a big teetering pile of boxes. Now I just want to drink hot chocolate with a roaring fire. Goofy, I know, but fun.

1 comment:

Tara said...

That sounds wonderful (minus the shopping - blech!). I'm doing mostly hand-made stuff this year, so I'm up to my eyeballs in projects at various stages of completion.