Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Hillbilly Whack A Mole

It seems as if mice have moved into our compost heap. I was bad all winter. I added to it with out keeping it nice and damp, and with out turning it. I know, I know it is all my fault and my lesson has been learned.

Now to the problem at hand .... how exactly do we get rid of them?

We sat down as a family, discussed our environmental concerns, our price limitations, and then we came up with a lovely plan. It was not only free but environmentally sound. Two wonderful and exciting things around here. How do you ask did we rid our compost heap of mice. Well, it involved my 3 men with big sticks and mallets and me with a hoe. I turned the pile, my main man wet down the pile with a garden hose, and all 3 of them jumped into action when a mouse ran out. I felt really bad for the poor little mice, but they really had to go.

Now that is some good old fashioned family time !

1 comment:

Tara said...

You horrible, horrible person. How dare you inflict such inhumane treatment on those poor, defenseless little creatures? I'm shocked, shocked I tell you. (laughs maniacally)