Sunday, March 2, 2008

Has Spring Sprung ?

It feels as if spring has sprung here at skunky acre. We have been enjoying the weather and starting our outdoor projects for the season. We called the fence man and scheduled the installation, spread compost on our flower garden, and rocked part of the pond with found flag stone. I have been greatly inspired by my friends with green houses and so I started some seeds in a sunny window. Lettuce, corn, tomatoes, black eyed peas, oh my ! We have even been motivated enough to take some long walks around the area and see what has changed over the long winter.

But alas, it is not to last. They are predicting snow Monday.

I have no wood left and the fence installation scheduled for that day. But maybe they are wrong..... Maybe, just maybe spring is really here.

I can hope can't I !

No comments: