Saturday, August 22, 2009

Last Week At Skunky Acres

This past week at Skunky Acres has been a busy one. Our youngest resident started kindergarden and has had a roller coaster ride. Kindergarden is a pressure cooker now days( it is definitely not the sweet little class I went to). Now it is big school and the kids are put through the ringer. Our little one is adapting well, but has his ups and downs. I am also adjusting to having an empty, quiet house for the first time in 10 years. I miss both my boys when they are at school, but I will have to admit it is nice to have some time to myself.

The new dog is also settling in, although it has occurred to our original dog that she is sticking around longer than the others before her. Freckles spends her days looking at the new dog and sighing. They get along well, though. Penny is even accepting her name change well. She is wonderful and I can't imagine our life with out her any more.

2 comments:

Tara said...

Hooray!!! I'm so glad the new dog is working out. That's the best. And your little man is quite the big boy,huh?

NM Illuminati said...

I think his tag says Max.

You must be cheap...