Friday, September 5, 2008

Screaming Halt

Here at Skunky Acre we are in danger....

We have fallen right back into the life we purposefully moved away from. Yes, that is right for the past few weeks our life has been in and out of the car, running from obligation to obligation, eating on the run, move move move.

Yesterday we said stop !

I am exhausted, my kids are exhausted, and my husband is still broken. So what did we do, we quit.

Today we will stay home and get back to our lives. Boy do I miss our life.... in fact here are the top things I missed

1) hanging laundry on the line. It is such a relaxing thing to do and you really feel like you are accomplishing something.

2) Weeding and caring for my garden. I just love sitting out there and listening to the silence, the results are yummy to eat also.

3) Cooking real meals with real food and real nutrition for my family. Nothing tastes better than that

4) Waiting out in the yard for the school bus to drop off my oldest while the turkey waits at the end of the drive and my youngest jumps on the trampoline.

5) Walking around out in our property and just looking. You get to find snakes, lizards, bugs, what fruit is ripe, what animals are coming around. Pure heaven !

6) Hanging out with my girls. I love my chickens and I love to work in the yard and just watch them having chicken adventures. The meat birds we are keeping since all our laying hens have been eaten are particularly funny.

7) Hanging out and talking with my kids, not just driving them around and hearing their fun second hand.

8) Having time to notice the world around me and blog about it.

No comments: