Friday, October 26, 2007

Isn't it uncanny

I have a question for you....

How may cans can a canner can if a canner has 2 kids????
The answer is zero.

We grew our own cucumbers this year in hopes of making pickles. We bought jars, which can also be used for all sorts of lovely creations next year, and other supplies. I dug out my aunts pickle recipe from when I was a kid. Boy did we have big plans. The boys were thrilled to make their own pickles and I was feeling a bit nostalgic. Fast forward a few weeks, and now all I have is a pile of rotting cucumbers and supplies taking up my precious cabinet space. I ended up feeding the cucumbers to the chickens.

Well, there is always next year, Right?

I feel like I have been saying that a good deal lately. It seems as if we bought this place with a big bag of dreams and are falling behind in the making them happen department. I think we forgot that between moving in and having the place running smoothly is a huge learning curve. I guess you could say we have wonderful visions and just not enough time to get them all done. I know it will get easier as we learn and the boys grow. Hey, dare I say as the boys get old enough to really help with the chores.

No comments: