Wednesday, January 9, 2008

The Thinker

My youngest is my thinker. He contemplates all the big questions in life, and comes up with some interesting answers. He also asks me many questions I either never thought of or am not ready for. Here is the latest example.

Last night I was tucking my sweet little 3 year old boy into bed when he suddenly became very concerned. I asked him what was wrong and he said " the wolf come eat me like pig". Now I know the story of the big bad wolf, so I just told him our house was strong like the little pig with the brick house. I pointed out that the wolf could never get in that house and the pigs danced and sang the days away. The wolf ,as I recall, ran off with a burned bottom. He then became concerned with the strength of our door, windows, etc. After what seemed like forever and a day the many ways a wolf could get into our house and eat us like a pig were covered. He then went to sleep and left me to wonder what new questions he would ask in the morning.

No comments: